Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can We Do It Someday?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zb212
Admin

Can We Do It Someday? Empty
PostSubject: Can We Do It Someday?   Can We Do It Someday? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:28 am

It wasn't to long ago, in the old KdT days that I shared something similar like this. You remember my long over drawn out rant of "My Take". The "I think we should play top level platoons" yatta...yatta...yatta..yeah whatever Zach shut the fuck up.. haha. If you don't remember... then either you didn't read it or you were never a member of KdT. Well this is the same thing just with a bit of an update.
NoName and I talked today and it really got my competitive juices flowing. We talked about how much talent we have on our roster. And if we put a true "A" squad on the battlefield.. Man we could fuck some people up! However the only real issue is the accountability. Plain and simple... people say they are going to be there and then they don't show up. And with that being said.. we may never really know how good we are or could be.... I understand people have lives, and trust me, I understand that things in life are very much more important then your battlefield platoon. I get that.
If there is one thing I have learned from these battles is that we were in no position to take battles against the top level platoons when we were KdT. We would of got raped... and its a good thing everyone stood up and said something.. otherwise I might of never shit the same again. All of our B-holes would still be healing from such a pounding. However.. we did take a step forward that day... it wasn't to long after that we took a step forward and created this ass kicking machine we now call Valhalla. And look at it now... its thriving. We have got a bunch of super talented guys and made a gamer home for them all. NoName deserves the majority of the credit. The reason we never took battles back in KdT was because we had little to no organization, and when we formed dVb.. It was like a night and day. We now have battle rosters, battle brief's, a bad ass website and forum and platoons are coming at us left and right to set up a battle. And to NoName I give the credit to.. Great job man!
We talked today about the platoons we have been playing in battle.. and realized that we are way more talented then we thought. We fuck people up! Or is it that we are playing teams that we once were back in the KdT days? It probably a mixture of both... we are very talented, organized and the teams we have been playing are the lack there of. Like I said above... we had no business taking battles against the elite platoons back in the KdT days.. and we might still have no business battling them now.. But we are getting closer.
The problem is two things... Problem one being that there is a huge gap between the platoons we have been playing and the elite platoons. Like huge! How we bridge that gap.... well... that starts with problem number two.. and that is simply showing up.. hahah. We ask guys if they are going to play.. and the day of the battle they are no shows. I understand life happens and things pop up.. no big... but we are never going to be able to compete against the elite unless our best TEAM of 12 are on, with a great amount of organization.. Will we ever see that day? I don't know.... but it sure would be cool. Are we there now? Most likely not.. we scramble at the last second to fill spots with guys that haven't read the battle brief. And put them in squads that we hope will work out. Now against low level platoons.. no big deal... with our talented group.. we'll win the majority of the time.
Now dream with me for a second.. and I understand video games should have no place in dreams or aspirations... but its the competitiveness Im talking about. Beating the best... I had a great coach back in my playing days that said something that has stuck with me from the time he said it. And its "be the best at whatever you are doing". He used examples like, Be the best dog walker, The best friend, the best teammate, the best father, the best son, grandson, boyfriend or husband, the best eater, the best salesmen, the best lier, the best at video games and most importantly the best in bed with the girl who is nice enough to sleep over! And when your with that nice girl... don't be a dick.... she's already getting one. hahaha. Its a bit exaggerated... but the point is the same. Be the best at what you are doing... regardless of how big or small it is. After he said that.. I went to his office and I asked him, "hey coach, that makes no sense, there is no way everyone can be the best at everything". "Its an unreachable goal and you'll always be disappointed and that is no way to live you life" and with out missing a beat and like he know I was going to ask it he said "I know that... but if you approach life that way, you'll look back on it and be able you say you were really good at everything, and how many people can say that"? "Only great people can say that".
Now we may never be the best BF3 platoon... but I think we have something that will allow us to at least compete in battles against elite platoons someday. At least give them a run for there money... and when they are done playing us.. they will at least step away and say "that is a very good team", even if they won by a large margin. "we should play those guys again". And I think that would be a lot of fun... Not that loosing is fun... but having great games against great opponents. Because at the end of the day.. its about the competition not the result. Because "those that are whores to results, end up getting fucked like whores anyway".... (also a coaches quote). Focus on the feeling of competing against the best... because if you focus to much on the result, you forget to compete, and if you forget to compete then you will never get the desired result.... yeah... think about that one for a second..............And at the end of the day, you wont really remember the wins and losses as much as the feeling of competition, the atmosphere, the comradery. The feeling of going after a common goal against and opposition who desires the same. I would love to put Valhalla on the map to where every member in our platoon has pride in knowing that they are playing in a platoon that plays and competes against the best. I know I would! Have you noticed how well we play with each other sometimes? Like when every thing is clicking and firing on all cylinders? We make teams rage in burn rounds... haha. Now the teams we have played are now where near the elite... but none the less... we have a talented group.
My call to action is this... lets see how good we really are... lets start talking about taking on an elite opponent someday... and that day might not be for a while. But when we play the current battles, lets start to process this aspiration... working toward playing the elite one day.. and that starts with showing up first. Be where you said you were going to be. And another thing is respect.. Im sure NoName puts a lot of effort into the battle rosters and battle briefings.... and when you don't show up... it would kinda be a slap in the face if it was me... and I haven't talked to him about how he feels about it... and I doubt he would complain.. but the point I'm making is, be accountable... if you cant play... ok.. say you cant. And if you can... then something pops up at the last second. Have some respect and at least communicate... don't leave us hanging. It takes a lot of effort to set everything up.. So at least do you part and put in one ounce of effort to communicate. Its not that hard... really its not.
But back to my main point.....If we can... lets start talking about our best roster... like our Valhalla dream team.. And then lets get behind it.. Like set a date and attempt to put that team on the battlefield and see how it plays, against an average opponent... then after that.. lets set a day in the future where that dream team can take one battle against an elite platoon, just to see how far we have come and more importantly, how far we have to go. And that day might not be for some time.. but lets keep moving forward.. Because no matter what you are doing...... your either going forward or going backwards... there is no staying the same.. and that is a life lesson... forget the fact that this is about video games. Get better everyday.. at whatever you are doing...
Believe it or not... our guys play well together.. when we put our best guys, kits, perks and plans together... we are good.. you can put the best 12 players in the battlefield community together and that wont mean they will be the best.. They will have success...yes. But it dose not mean they will play well as a team... but Valhalla... they might not all have 1,000 SPM's, but when they play together... it sure seams like it..
And that my friends... is my battlefield dream!!!!

P.S: I know my writing style seams a little heavy for video game battles.. hahaha. Like we are getting ready for WW3... But I cant help it... I kinda do it for living.. and it just naturally comes out like that.

Back to top Go down
Two_Hando
Admin
Two_Hando

PostSubject: Re: Can We Do It Someday?   Can We Do It Someday? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:55 am

Hooah, sir. Hooah!
Back to top Go down
ShAdOw-SnIpEr17
Admin
ShAdOw-SnIpEr17

PostSubject: Re: Can We Do It Someday?   Can We Do It Someday? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:08 am

if you wanna go competitive, take it to game battles, i.e GB, make the mark, GB is actually serious instead of making platoons to make games which is unofficial
Back to top Go down
IINoNameII
Admin
IINoNameII

PostSubject: Re: Can We Do It Someday?   Can We Do It Someday? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Gb doesnt have 12v12.

If we have our 12 best guys playing we can beat a lot of teams.

If we keep mixing and matching all the time, our strategies wont be as fluent.

If we keep playing these crappy teams, the battles wont be as good because they get mad and quit. But the only way we can step up and play better teams, and have better battles, is if we get reliable guys to show up.

I also feel like when we play these half ass teams and they show up late, show up with 10 instead of 12, or quit after the burn round, it makes some of our guys not even want to show up next time. It makes a mockery of it, but if we step our game up and play better teams it wont be like that at all. Good teams will be just as prepared as we are and show up on time

I want to play Murderz For Hire next week and they are fucking good. But I dont want to show up with 8 guys and have to fill in the last 4 30 minutes before the battle.
Having to do stuff like that gets me off my game because I have 5 people coming at me asking to get in battles, and I dont even get to warm up before the battle, and then even when we are in the battle I have to worry about who just got kicked, and who keep hitting me up asking if they can still play. I cant even play my game like that, and the point is, we need the same 12-15 guys for most battles, and if its more than that then we need everyone on the same page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.valhallaarmy.com
IINoNameII
Admin
IINoNameII

PostSubject: Re: Can We Do It Someday?   Can We Do It Someday? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Also, Im going back to work this thursday. From december-march I have time to spend on this stuff....but from march-novemeber I dont. I will stay play bf3 at night after work and on weekends but I wont be up playing late at night anymore, and I wont have time to chase people down to see if they are still showing up for battles

Battles only take maybe an hour and a half or two hours from the time you get on and get ready til the time its finished.

I would rather play in battles only, because raping noobs and having them leave the room all the time is boring as hell, and nobody is getting any better doing that.

I would rather only play bf3 for 5 hours a week if it means we play in 3 good battles only. A lot of our guys play much more than 5 hours a week, its just a matter of getting a good time to schedule matches that works for everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.valhallaarmy.com
hmmmth3awesome
Soldier
hmmmth3awesome

PostSubject: Re: Can We Do It Someday?   Can We Do It Someday? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Good stuff, Zach!

After these last couple of games, I also feel we're ready to take on some bigger teams. Destroying these noob platoons only benefits them; remember when we used to get destroyed by tanks in KdT? We learned to use our 3 man tank squads, and now we're teaching our opponents to do the same while we gain nothing in return.

So what if our W/L ratios go down, or we got beaten by a great team? We'll have learned valuable strategies and made an impression on the other clan, evolving into a more competitive organization rather than remaining a good pick-up team.
Back to top Go down
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/hmmmth3awsome/
ShAdOw-SnIpEr17
Admin
ShAdOw-SnIpEr17

PostSubject: Re: Can We Do It Someday?   Can We Do It Someday? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:26 pm

one problem, if you consistantly use the same people, noone else can prove themselves, im not going against you, just saying my mind here, i agree that bailing and leaving then having to get fills is rediculous but maybe someone else can handle getting people together that are actualy reliable
Back to top Go down
Two_Hando
Admin
Two_Hando

PostSubject: Re: Can We Do It Someday?   Can We Do It Someday? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:58 pm

IINoNameII wrote:

I would rather play in battles only, because raping noobs and having them leave the room all the time is boring as hell, and nobody is getting any better doing that.

I would rather only play bf3 for 5 hours a week if it means we play in 3 good battles only. A lot of our guys play much more than 5 hours a week, its just a matter of getting a good time to schedule matches that works for everyone.

I agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can We Do It Someday?   Can We Do It Someday? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can We Do It Someday?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Valhalla Army :: Future Of Valhalla-
Jump to: